Concrete pavements are rigid pavements having very high flexural strength as compared to flexible pavements.
Concrete pavements can be constructed using two different methods:
- Alternate Bay method
- Continuous bay method
- In alternate bay method, concrete pavement slab are laid on whole width of pavement in alternate bays.
- In continuous bay method, concrete pavement slabs are laid continuously only on one bay and another bay is open for the traffic.
- Preparation of Sub-grade and Sub-base
- Placing of forms
- Batching of material and Mixing
- Transporting and Placing of Concrete
- Compaction and Finishing
- Floating and Straight Edging
- Belting, Brooming and Edging
- Curing of Cement concrete