- Cement concrete pavements comes under the category of the rigid pavement, due to the higher flexure strength of the concrete slab.
- CC pavements have the longer life, because of the higher durability and high load carrying capacity.
- CC pavements require very less maintenance, so the maintenance cost is reduced.
- CC pavements have very good aesthetic appearance.
There are some disadvantages of the CC pavements,
- Initial cost of construction of the CC pavements is very high.
- The provision of the joints is mandatory.